No Bad Art - Episode 27 - Sara Garden Armstrong
Updated: Nov 16, 2022
Art critics, head trauma, John Cage cover bands, and coming home again for the first time.
This week John and Jenn chat with Sara Garden Armstrong about her decades-long artistic journey and vision.
Images from traveling exhibition: Sara Garden Armstrong: Threads and Layers Exhibition at Gadsden Museum of Art, AL, Nov. 4, 2022 – January 26, 2023
1. Airplayer XVII, Gadsden Museum of Art, 2022, sprayed abaca forms, embedded plastic hosing, blower boxes, microcontroller, video projections, digitized sound, LED and incandescent lighting, room size
2. Gadsden Museum of Art, Installation view
3. Gadsden Museum of Art, Installation view, Environment: Structure/Sound III, 1979/2021, wood, canvas, acrylic, speakers, sound equip
4. Marking Landscape 6, 2021, sprayed abaca fiber, LED lighting, custom controller
FATVillage Project Space, Ft Lauderdale, FL, Installation view
5. FATVillage Project Space, Ft Lauderdale, FL, Installation view, 2021
6. Reciprocating Support, 1997/2022, Plastic, electric blowers, lights, relays, hoses, paper fiber
7. Wiregrass Museum of Art, Dothan, AL, Installation view, 2020
8. University of Alabama Gallery, Tuscaloosa, AL installation view, 2020
9. Layered-scape 11, 2022, acrylic and pigmented fiber on canvas